How To Bring God's Favor
I've been going to church since I was a kid. I was saved in 1976. I'm not sure how long you've been a Christian, but if you're like me, you've heard numerous sermons about God's principles.
God's promises and principles are all through scripture. But, again, if you're like me, you haven't heard too many preachers or Bible teachers at all, teach you how to tap into God's principles, bringing His favor.
It's always been frustrating to me. Perhaps it's been equally frustrating to you. Scripture even talks about God's favor.
"Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands!" Psalm 90:17.
But, I never heard anyone share about how to tap into God's favor in a practical way.
Finally, in 2004, after prayer, seeking God and His Word, God began to reveal to me how I'd be able to tap into God's favor and bring the success He wants for me, into my life.
It all centers on being able to discern and hear God's voice. God began teaching me about hearing His voice around 2004 as well. It's not as hard as many make it out to be. But, this is the key to activating God's favor in your life. I talked being able to discern God's voice in another blog post.
There are basically six steps to tapping into God's favor.
1. First of all, develop a relationship with God through Jesus. Then spend regular time in prayer and study. As your relationship is developed, you'll receive answers to your prayers with more regularity. Again, the key is to be able to recognize and hear God's voice.
2. Ask God to show that something you are asking for is in His will for you. Ask for wisdom and understanding from the Lord. He'll give it to you. God's promise for wisdom is in James 1:5. “If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.”
3. After you know that what you want is within God's will for you, have faith that God will answer you. Hebrews 11:6 says this about faith. "And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him." God will answer your prayer.
4. Pray and ask God for the things you want and need. "But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!" These are words directly from Jesus. These are recorded in John 15:7. Keep a record of your prayers and the answers you receive to your prayers. This will serve to build up your faith.
5. Be sure not to keep God in a box. The answer to your prayers can come to you in any number of ways. The answers to your prayers may look a bit different than what you are expecting. That's okay. God often surprises us. Share your answers with others, so they can glory in God with you.
6. Be sure to share your success story with others. This way, their faith can be strengthened and they can be encouraged.
God only wants what is the best for you. He's your Heavenly Father, who loves you very much. Remember "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change" (James 1:17).
Leave a comment