Follow These for Success
Sometimes there's frustration among those trying to walk out their destiny and calling in Christ. Perhaps you've experienced it as well.
The first thing you need to understand is, oince you've received Christ, you are now a citizen of and live in a Kingdom, the Kingdom of Heaven. This is a real Kingdom. You live in it now. The full manifestation of that Kingdom will occur when Jesus returns. But you live in that Kingdom now.
It's not a physical Kingdom, but a spiritual Kingdom. It's a spiritual Kingdom, but it manifests in the physical realm, as well as the spiritual realm.
There are two very important keys to this Kingdom that we've been given in scripture.
The first key is John 18:36. Jesus told Pilate during His questioning that "My Kingdom is not of this world". By this statement, Jesus was addressing the origin and nature of His Kingdom. This world is not the source of the Kingdom of Heaven.
As a result of the Kingdom not having the world as its source, the second key is from Romans 12:2. "Be not conformed to the pattern of this world..."
So, the two keys: realize the Kingdom of God doesn't have its' roots in this world. The second key is our lives shouldn't be patterned after the principles of this world, but the patterns of the Kingdom of God.
So what is the pattern of the Kingdom of God? There are 25 key principles that establish the Kingdom of God's pattern. The following principles are key to successful living in the Kingdom of God and even to understand the Kingdom of God.
1. Principle of Abundance - John 10:10. God's economy is an economy of abundance, not lack.
2. Principle of Giving - Matthew 10:8 and Luke 6:38. To receive, one must give.
3. Principle of Thought - Proverbs 23:7 - You are what you think and what you focus on.
4. Principle of Accountability - We are accountable to God and to others. Romans 14:12, James 5:16.
5. Principle of Relationships - You are in relationship with God and others. John 17:3, 17:21-22.
6. Principle of Expectancy - You should always be in expectation God working on your behalf. Acts 3:5
7. Principle of faith - You are to live by faith. Faith will allow you to see opportunity. Romans 1:17, Hebrews 11:6.
8. Principle of Opposites - In order to receive, you must give. In order to gain life, you must give away life. Luke 17:33, James 1:9-10.
9. Principle of Excellence - Whatever you do in your calling, should be born in excellence. Colossians 3:23
10. Principle of Love - Faith is activated and engergized by love. Matthew 12:30-31, John 13:34-35.
11. Principle of Efficiency of Resources - Be efficient in all you do for the Kingdom. Exodus 18:13-23, Luke 14:28, John 15:1-5, Matthews 25:14-30
12. Principle of Truthfulness - Be true to God, yourself and others. Psalm 25:5, John 4:24, 17:17, 1 Corinthians 13:6.
13. Principle of Service - This is servanthood. Matthew 20:26.
14. Principle of Passion - What you do in the Kingdom should be done with passion. Psalm 69:9, John 2:17, 1 Timothy 1:6.
15. Principle of Peace - God has called us to peace. Proverbs 14:30, 1 Corinthians 7:15.
16. Principle of Prayer - Prayer is the key to effectiveness in the Kingdom. Isaiah 65:24, Philippians 4:6.
17. Principle of Perserverance - You need to persevere through your troubles in life. Hebrews 10:36.
18. Principle of Godly Source - Deuteronomy 18:8, John 15, Hebrews 1:17, James 1:5-6.
19. Principle of Stewardship - You are to be a steward of what God has given you. You own nothing. It all belongs to God. As a steward, you are to look after God's property, as if it were your own. Luke 19:11-27, 1 Corinthians:4:2, 1 Peter 4:10.
20. Principle of the Tithe - You are a steward. So, you own nothing but God owns everything. Out of thanksgiving, you should give to God. Before the law, out of gratitude and faith, Abram gave Melchizidek one tenth of what he had plundered. Genesis 14:19-20, Leviticus 27:30, Luke 11:42.
21. Principle of Divine Planning - God gives you and I plans and guides our steps. No matter what your calling, whether business, five fold minister or any other calling, ideas and plans should come from God. Proverbs 16:3,9, Proverbs 20:24
22. Principle of Investing - As part of Kingdom stewardship, you should learn about Kingdom investing. God is a God of multiplication. Matthew 6:33, Matthew 25:14-30.
23. Principle of Perception - To be successful in the Kingdom in your call, you must have Kingdom perception. 2 Kings 6:13-17.
24. Principle of Enthusiasm - Whatever you do, be enthusiastic about it. In fact, in the Greek language, this word means "in God". Psalm 118:24.
25. Principle of Mercy - Above all else, God desires for you to be merciful as you follow your call. Everyone won't always respond the way you'd like for them to. God desires for you and I to be merciful, as He is merciful toward us. Matthew 12:7
Follow these Kingdom principles and you won't be conforming to the pattern of this world.